martes, 16 de marzo de 2021

MOST COMMON ENGLISH PHRASES-INTERMEDATE LEVEL

 1000 Most Common English Phrases with Pdf

MOST COMMON ENGLISH PHRASES

 

  • Where are you from?
  • What’s up
  • What are you up to these days
  • We will be having a good time.
  • The scorching sun
  • That’s a good one
  • That is dirt cheap
  • Thank you so much
  • Long time no see
  • It cost me a fortune
  • I’m very busy. I don’t have time now.
  • I’m thirsty.
  • I’m sorry, we’re sold out.
  • I’m not sure.
  • I’m not ready yet.
  • I’m not married.
  • I’m not busy.
  • I’m married.
  • I’m hungry.
  • I’m happy.
  • I’m good, and you?
  • I’m going to leave.
  • I’m coming to pick you up.
  • I’m cold.
  • I’m cleaning my room.
  • I’m an American.
  • I’ll take you to the bus stop.
  • I’ll take it.
  • I’ll pay.
  • I’ll come back later.
  • I’ll call you when I leave.
  • If you need my help, please let me know.
  • I’d like to go for a walk.
  • I love you.
  • I lost my watch.
  • I like her.
  • I know.
  • I hope you and your wife have a nice trip.
  • I have a headache.
  • I get off of work at 6.
  • I feel good.
  • I don’t want to bother you.
  • I don’t want that.
  • I don’t want it.
  • I don’t understand.
  • I don’t speak very well.
  • I don’t like it.
  • I don’t like him.
  • I don’t know how to use it.
  • I can’t hear you.
  • I ate already.
  • I couldn’t agree more.
  • I can’t complain
  • I am starving
  • I am dog tired
  • Hurry!
  • How’s work going?
  • How are you?
  • How are you doing today?
  • He’s very famous.
  • He’s very annoying.
  • He’s right.
  • He’s coming soon.
  • Help!
  • He likes it very much.
  • Good idea.
  • From time to time.
  • Everything is ready.
  • Everyone knows it.
  • Don’t worry.
  • Don’t take it personally
  • Chicago is very different from Boston.
  • Can you translate this for me?
  • Break a leg
  • Beats me!
  • Be careful driving.

PHRASES FOR ASKING DIRECTION

  • Which the best way to …?
  • Where is the nearest post office?
  • Where is …?
  • Pardon me, I’m lost, how do I get to …?
  • May I ask for some help? I need to get to …?
  • Is it far?
  • I’m looking for this address.
  • I’m looking for …
  • How do I get to library?
  • How do I find…?
  • How can we get to High Park?
  • Excuse me, How can I go to …?
  • Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the bus station?
  • Dou you have a map?
  • Could you direct me to …?
  • Can you tell me the way to the Big Hotel?
  • Can you Show me on the map, please?
  • Are you from around here?
  • Are we on the right road for London?

PHRASES FOR GIVING DIRECTION

  • You will pass a supermarket on your left
  • Turn right at the crossroads
  • Turn right
  • Turn left into … Street
  • Turn left
  • Take this road
  • Take the second road on the left
  • Take the first road on the right
  • It’s on your right
  • It’s on your left
  • It’s on the corner
  • It’s next to…
  • It’s in the middle of the block
  • It’s about 100 meters from here
  • Go up…
  • Go straight ahead
  • Go along…
  • Cross…

 

PHRASES FOR SAYING ‘N0’

  • We appreciate the offer, but …
  • That’s not going to work for me.
  • Sounds fun, but I’m not available.
  • My body says yes, but my heart say no.
  • Maybe another time.
  • It is not a good idea for me.
  • I’m not really into it, but thanks for asking!
  • I’m not able to commit to that right now.
  • I’d rather not, thanks.
  • I want to, but I’m unable to.
  • I just don’t have that to give right now.
  • I am not accepting anything else at this time.
  • Apologies, but I can’t make it.

 

PHRASES FOR STAYING AT A HOTEL

  • Your room is on the second floor.
  • When I can check-in?
  • We really enjoyed our stay.
  • The room is too noisy.
  • Thank you for staying with us!
  • Please sign your name here.
  • More fresh towels are available at the front desk.
  • Is there anything else we can help you with?
  • I’d like to book a room, please.
  • I’d like a single room, please.
  • How many guests are with you?
  • Do you need help with your bags?
  • Do you need a wake-up call?
  • Do you have a reservation?
  • Can someone help me with my bags?
  • Can I see the room, please?

PHRASES TO BE USED IN ‘CLASSROOM’

  • Which book?
  • When is the homework for?
  • When is the exam?
  • What page are we on?
  • What is the homework?
  • Teacher, please can you repeat again?
  • Sorry, for being late.
  • May I open / close the window?
  • May I join the class/group?
  • May I go out please?
  • Is this right?
  • Is this correct?
  • I have done this.
  • I am sorry. I did not hear.
  • I am ready. May I start it?
  • Do we have to write this down?
  • Can you speak louder, please?
  • Can you help me, please?
  • Can you explain that again?
  • Can you explain it once more, please?
  • Can we pack our things now?
  • Can I switch off the lights?
  • Can I pull up the blinds?
  • Can I open the window?
  • Can I go to the toilet?
  • Can I go to the board?
  • Can I go out?
  • Can I answer the question?

Also Check: Idioms to Use in Daily Conversation

PHRASES FOR ‘SHOPPING’

  • Would you have this in another color?
  • Where is the fitting room?
  • Where is the changing room?
  • Where can I weight my groceries?
  • I’m looking for a leather handbag.
  • How much is this?
  • Does it come with a guarantee/warranty?
  • Do you sell organic vegetables?
  • Do you offer a cash discount?
  • Do you know where else I could try?
  • Do you have this item in stock?
  • Do you have something less pricey (expensive)?
  • Do you have any strawberry?
  • Do you have a smaller size?
  • Do you have a refund policy?
  • Do you have a bigger size?
  • Could you help me please?

 

PHRASES TO ACCEPT ‘APOLOGY’

  • You couldn’t help it.
  • There’s no need to. It’s all right.
  • There is no need. It’s ok.
  • That’s OK.
  • That’s all right.
  • No need to…
  • No harm done.
  • Never mind. I quite understand.
  • Never mind.
  • It’s ok.
  • It doesn’t matter.
  • I quite understand.
  • Forget about it. I understand.
  • Forget about it.
  • Don’t worry. You’re forgiven!
  • Don’t worry about it.
  • Don’t apologize.

 

PHRASES WHEN YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING

  • Would you mind repeating that?
  • Sorry, I didn’t hear what you said.
  • Sorry, I didn’t catch that.
  •  Let me repeat that just to make sure?
  • I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Could you repeat that, please?
  • Excuse me?
  • Do you mind repeating that?
  • Could you please repeat that?

PHRASES FOR ‘MAKING APOLOGIES’

  • You couldn’t help it.
  • There’s no need to. It’s all right.
  • There is no need. It’s ok.
  • That’s OK.
  • That’s all right.
  • That was rude of me. I’m sorry.
  • Please, forgive me for…
  • Please, forgive me for my…
  • Please, accept my apologies for…

PHRASES FOR ‘ACCEPTING APOLOGIES’

  • Pardon me for this…
  • No need to…
  • No harm done.
  • Never mind. I quite understand.
  • Never mind.
  • It’s ok.It doesn’t matter.
  • It’s all my fault.
  • I’m terribly sorry for…
  • I’m really sorry about what I said.
  • I’m really ashamed of what I did.
  • I’m ashamed of…
  • I’d like to apologize for…
  • I shouldn’t have…
  • I quite understand.
  • I must apologize for…
  • I hope you’ll forgive me for…
  • I do apologize for…
  • I apologize for…
  • I am so sorry for…

MOST COMMON ENGLISH PHRASES – PICTURES

phrases for asking direction

phrases for making apologymost common english phrasesphrases for accepting apologyPhrases for shoppingPhrases for classroomPhrases for hotelPhrases for saying noPhrasing for giving Direction

                                                 

                           PDF  DESCARGABLE Y VISIBLE




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario